Here are a few basic ways you can prevent blackheads before they happen.
Ways to prevent blackheads:
- Don’t wash your face with harsh cleansers. This makes your skin overreact and produce more oil, which means your blackheads will be back much faster.
- Wash your face twice daily with natural sources. Such as: baking soda with honey, mashed fruits or vegetables as a cleanser or face mask,
- Wear as little makeup as possible. And don’t forget to clean those makeup brushes daily! Best way to clean is with warm water and a few drops of lemon, and mix it in a bowl!
- Wash your pillowcase on a weekly basis (to clean off any dead skin cells and oils in your face leaves behind on it).
- Use an astringent like apple cider vinegar, pure squeezed lemon, rose water or Aloe Vera after you wash your face as a toner and before you moisturize (this will help tighten the pores).
- Once every two weeks, steam your face to help open your pores and let them unclog. Before steaming, add a few drops of rose water for better results and better natural scent. Once steaming your face, apply some ice to cool and close the pores!
- Blot your face with a tissue paper throughout the day to soak up oil before it can accumulate.